- For a related variant, see White Tyrant (Labyrinth).
|Giant Polar Bear|
(Boss of Dethrone the White Tyrant)
Stats[edit | edit source]
|Normal / Hard Mode|
Level: 28 Exp: 516
Level: 28 Exp: 516
Related Titles[edit | edit source]
- Giant Polar Bear Conqueror
- Giant Polar Bear Slayer
- Jaded by the Tyrant
- Tyrant Beater
- Tyrant Triumpher
Drops[edit | edit source]
Regular Drops[edit | edit source]
Quest-Only Drops[edit | edit source]
Break Off Tips[edit | edit source]
- Location: Right Eye
Battle Skills & Attacks[edit | edit source]
- Lowers his body to the right, then quickly swipes forward with his right paw. Karok is able to Clash this attack.
- Stomps quickly with his right paw and then left paw, then rears up and swipes with his left paw. This attack inflicts Dullness.
- Turns ~140 degrees. This can cause damage if he touches you while he turns.
- Leaps backwards to put distance between him and his target. This can cause damage if you get hit by it.
- Stands on his hinds legs and roars. Take note of the direction he is facing when he roars. When the roar ends, he will perform a 3 attack combo. First he stomps his right paw once, then swipes with his right paw and slides forward and towards the left. Second he turns left and swipes with his right paw towards the right while sliding forward. His final attack is another swipe with his right paw in which he slides forward towards the direction he was facing when he roared before the 3 hit combo. Getting hit by any of these three attacks will inflict Ruptured Blood Vessel.
Tips & Advice[edit | edit source]
- It is possible to use 2 Chain Hooks on any of the White Tyrant's legs to pin him down. This leaves your other party members time to either spear his eye for the Break Off or attack.
- The White Tyrant is vulnerable to knockdown by Spears or heavy objects, such as the ice chunks inside of nearby ice stalagmites. Other objects can work, but it may take more to knock the White Tyrant down than the use of ice chunks would. The White Tyrant takes a long time to recover from knockdown, giving plenty of time to throw a spear into his right eye.
Additional Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Giant Polar Bear is said to be Kirstie's nemesis.
- When it appears in Hoarfrost Hollow, it is seen on a cliff. It then roars angrily at the trespassing heroes who are engaged with the Kobolds, and leaves shortly after.
- In Dethrone the White Tyrant, after much shouting by Cunning Etunoch and his fellow Kobolds, it comes out of a cave and savagely kills the yelling mob by biting, shaking, and tossing aside Etunoch. It then roars at the heroes and the battle begins.
- The Giant Polar Bear is known as the "White Tyrant" when it appears in Dethrone the White Tyrant. It later becomes the "Red Tyrant" in White Tyrant's Challenge.
- According to Brynn, the blood of the Tyrant has unnatural capabilities to alter its own weight.