(Boss of The Dark, Dank Sewers)
Stats[edit | edit source]
|Normal / Hard Mode|
Level: 63 Exp: 2,280
Level: 63 Exp: 2,280
Related Titles[edit | edit source]
Drops[edit | edit source]
Regular Drops[edit | edit source]
Break Off Tips[edit | edit source]
- Location: Mouth
- Thor`s break is notoriously difficult to get without a well-prepared and coordinated party.
- Thor can be triggered into a loop if the player that has aggro is a certain distance away from him. It is common to start the cutscene at the beginning of the mission and have a player run towards the rake by the water, entering him in this loop. His tongue is then speared by the party. Approximately 11 spears to the tongue will break it.
- Getting Thor's break off is very difficult with Kai's Magnum & Fixed Shot as it takes precise timing during his lightning AoE. When his head turns to the right, his tongue moves slightly out of his mouth. If you can get him stuck in his lightning AoE, you can get it with Magnum & Fixed Shot easily.
- The "normal" method that is meant to do the breakoff is to have at least two players hook the left/right sides of thor's mouth, which will cause thor to stop moving and his mouth to open. Players can then hit the tongue.
- Unfortunately, this is extremely difficult to do and he has a tedency to prematurely end the hooked phase and start moving again. Whether this is because a flinch was achieved, players accidentally hit the sides of the mouth instead of the tongue, or something else, is not clear.
- Because of how difficult the breakoff is to do, parties usually only do it with at least one crossgun Kai as hand bomb has a large enough AOE to hit the tongue without anyone needing to use hooks. The rest of the party should not damage Thor to avoid his HP dropping low enough to enter the berserk phase, as it is much more difficult to do the break when he is enraged.
- Chain Vella's Frostbite skill has no effect on Thor for break off purposes.
- Reward: Thor Inner Mouth
Battle Skills & Attacks[edit | edit source]
- Stops, and leaps a far distance onto a player.
- Strikes out three times with his snout. Hits twice.
- Turning in melee range like Goliath hurts the player.
- Sweeps his left claw at the player. May immediately turn back (see above), resulting in a two-hit combo.
- Stops, roars, and charges towards the player while Electrified. Easy to dodge, but high damage.
- Stomps the ground, lifts his mouth into the air, roars and shoots Electricity throughout the room. Only damages you if you're standing in the water or if you touch him, but is unblockable. Hits twice for extremely high damage, a one-hit ko if you touch him. During the duration in which touching Thor will kill you, Thor is completely invincible, so ranged characters should wait until after Thor finishes his attack before attacking him.
- At low health, Thor gains a massive increase in speed (comparable to hero mode boost).
Tips & Advice[edit | edit source]
- Thor is not a difficult raid boss to kill as all his attacks only hit once or twice and they aren't combo'd until he reaches low health. As long as the party does not get reckless, the mission is won.
- When Thor stomps the ground for the aoe attack, all players must be on land. Thor's electricity cannot damage you on dry land (dirt doesn't conduct electricity, go figure). DO NOT touch Thor during this attack! Touching him with any part of your character (leg, sword) while he`s surging electricity WILL hurt you. Evie's Mana Amber spell is able to avoid it and Lanns can Slip Dash through it (remember that it hits twice).
- Learning when he stops channeling electricity during his aoe attack will give you the largest opening to attack him.
- At low health, Thor's attack speed and movement speed multiplies by 2, resulting in much faster attacks, and his abilities become harder to dodge. He can essentially chain all his attacks together and your openings to attack him are limited to flanking, after he charges, and after his aoe.