Welcome to the New Title Page![edit source]
- Comments/Questions/Criticism GO GO GO
- Titles are currently not listed in multiple categories.
- Titles are ordered by progression for stories, alphabetical for everything else but similar titles are grouped together.
- No total count. If anyone has an easy way of doing this please feel free to comment.
- I'd like to put somewhere on the page a link to edit the individual tabs, as the titles are only stored on the specific tab pages and then linked in the main page. If anyone knows a good way of doing this, I am interested.
- In addition to commenting on the Talk page, feel free to come to Wiki IRC. I'm around most(all) of the time but idle a lot. It's much easier to have a discussion with back and forth rather than waiting for people to respond on the wiki!
User Comments[edit source]
Maybe there should be a tab for arrangement by stats. --Aznhick 04:31, 19 November 2010 (UTC)
- Fantastic suggestion! The only issue with that would be it would require a separate column for each statistic in order to be able to sort it properly. If you have any suggestions on how to do this or have an idea of what the template might preferably look like, I'm open to them! Feel free to comment here on the talk page or in Wiki IRC! Mairu 05:47, 19 November 2010 (UTC)
Make one tab that has the organize by stat, then it goes to 5 tabs by HP and the 4 main stats. Any title that adds any of that type is placed in and maybe some sort of organization by value? In addition there needs to be a sort by type or by name buttons.--Aznhick 04:22, 21 November 2010 (UTC)
- I really don't want to make the table any bigger than it already is. If you can come up with a way to do that (maybe try doing it in paint if you're not comfortable with doing it in wiki code) that doesn't involve adding a bunch of empty fields to the table I'll consider it. I think an edit removing some of the excess CSS removed the sort buttons. I'll see if I can get them added back. Mairu 19:51, 21 November 2010 (UTC)
- Just FYI, mediawiki tables contain the sort buttons when enabled. It's just the 'realtable' syntax that has no buttons. Not sure if that's helpful, but there you go. >Delve 00:11, 25 November 2010 (UTC)
Does anyone know if the blind arrow skill for the Evie title has to connect in order for the title to register? Also, the Heals have to consume a full rune and not just a single heal for the title to count it I don't know if that needs clarification.Is adding unreleased titles allowed?--Aznhick 22:07, 21 November 2010 (UTC)
- I believe you just have to use it to get the title. As for the runes, I think how it works is each time you heal, you use up one rune, allowing for 64 heals/runes used in a dungeon. You actually have to restore HP for it to count, however.--Shakespeare 22:45, 21 November 2010 (UTC)
- He is correct in that you just have to use it for the To Infinity and Beyond title. It doesn't have to hit or do damage. You also don't have to actually restore health for it to count, you can just spam your runes in each mission and it'll count. Until we have a way to distinguish between unreleased & released titles I'd prefer not to add them. There's nothing wrong with putting it in your userpage or something to end up copying it over as soon as the content goes live. If there are enough unreleased titles I'd consider adding a totally separate tab for unreleased/unimplemented titles. Mairu 23:04, 21 November 2010 (UTC)
There's 2 titles missing but I dont know which. Counted 167 total titles on the wiki for lann but, there's a screen shot of a lann with 169 titles. --MangoJello 22:07, 21 November 2010 (UTC)
- Found one of the missing titles, still trying to figure out the last one Mairu 06:42, 22 November 2010 (UTC)
Sorry I keep fucking up the title page, didn't realize Vampire was combat. On that note though is there another way to access the other title pages via hyperlink than just typing them in or navigating to the hyperlinks in the edit page? Tachikiru 13:17, 23 November 2010 (UTC)
- We're looking for a good way to display edit links on the tabs. If you have ideas, let us know. Maybe it's good enough to put  links on tab titles? Maybe kind of messy/ugly though. Saiyr 19:53, 23 November 2010 (UTC)
- Most people don't come to edit the actual title page, so maybe adding a small hyperlink at the bottom of each main tab table would work? That might be a bit ugly too though. I'm going to look at a preview really quick so see what it would look like doing it this way. *Edit* Alright I finished testing it, how about this: TachikiruTest? This is the best I can come up with off the top of my head. I can keep thinking about/looking into a way to better incorporate it if you would like though. Tachikiru 1:06, 24 November 2010 (UTC)
Big Brother Ebeloch Destroyer title is missing.
- Thanks, added Mairu 18:45, 24 November 2010 (UTC)
Either the Big Brother title doesn't exist or I'm doing something wrong. I just checked my Lann, and I didn't have it, so I went and completed Final Slingshot twice (solo), and I still didn't receive the title.--Shakespeare 20:25, 24 November 2010 (UTC)Ignore that, sorry. I rechecked and I do, in fact, have it.
The title The Young Idealist is listen under both Fiona and Evie. I am pretty sure, even though the Crimson Blade Youth Set is equipable by both characters, the title is exclusive to Evie. Fiona does have access to the Crimson Blade Mercenary title, unlike Evie, so it makes sense. --Lucciola 21:13, 24 November 2010 (UTC)
- Fixed this, fixed other equip class-specific titles Mairu 01:11, 25 November 2010 (UTC)
It would be worthwhile to me to be able to get a list of all titles applicable to a class in a single table. On the surface this seems possible by leveraging the inclusion mechanisms and splitting some of the tabbed pages similarly to the class specific page. If this is worth working on I can mash something together. This would let me get a list that I can directly compare (assuming sorting works :) ) to the in-game title list. >Delve 00:11, 25 November 2010 (UTC)
- This would probably function as a better replacement for the current List of all in-game titles, feel free to whip something up on your user page/sandbox or something Mairu 01:11, 25 November 2010 (UTC)
- I'll work on that as soon as I finish an update to the crafting spreadsheet. Probably before Monday >Delve 14:37, 26 November 2010 (UTC)
The tabs stopped working for me. Is is just me or everyone else, too?--Shakespeare 03:13, 25 November 2010 (UTC)
- For some reason they are working for some people and not some others. Mine were working on this computer for awhile and then broke, but I may or may not have fixed it. Try again and let me know. If you can get on IRC this may make things faster if it's still broken for you. Saiyr 03:21, 25 November 2010 (UTC)
Title: Master Baiter[edit source]
The title, Master Baiter is gained by fishing on valentines day. It obviously isn't available yet but it is in the 'discovered titles' currently... 220.127.116.11 23:36, 29 January 2011 (UTC)
New Titles[edit source]
Windgun Retriever is given upon completion of Catching a Bird with a Blow Pipe story.
Linking to titles[edit source]
Is there no way to link to the tab and sub-tab where a title is located? --Tymira 08:45, 26 February 2011 (UTC)
Erroneous "Bomb Tossin' Pro" in-game description[edit source]
I don't think there's a better discussion forum for this, so I'll mention it here - at least the first rank of "Bomb Tossin' Pro" is determined, not by the number of enemies defeated by one's bombs, but simply the number one has thrown. I was killing about five spiders with each bomb for efficiency, and was frustrated with how slowly the title was tracking; lo and behold, as I click to throw my 20th bomb, the title awards - before the bomb even detonates.
Anyway, dunno' how any notes can be added to the current display system, but there's my account. 18.104.22.168 09:56, 4 March 2011 (UTC)
Armor 'n Such.[edit source]
What do you guys think of the idea of changing the equipment page to something like this.
For example the top tab would be this:
Armor -- Accessories -- Weapons
If you were to click on Armor it'd open up this:
Cloth Armor -- Light Armor -- Heavy Armor -- Plate Armor
Each of those would be links to the current lists pages, or, if you really want to break it up, add another level for each piece.
Head -- Foot -- Hand -- Chest -- Leg
I think that could organize the equipment pages in a much simpler way than before. Of course, the original lists/categories could stay as they are, but anyone going to the "Armor" page would find it easier to look through. I'm suggesting this because I absolutely love this layout. MynockSpit 06:02, 28 March 2011 (UTC)