Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
when is kai coming to north america
- Kai isn't even close to being released in the Korean version so it's gonna be a long time. --Tymira 03:53, 3 June 2011 (UTC)
- Kai was released on January 17, 2012 for the Korean servers (Mabinogi Heroes). There is no announced release date yet for the North American server (Vindictus) or the European server (Vindictus XE). When there is an official announcement it'll be added here.
- Kai has two different combat "modes" that he can switch between at any time: Longbow and short bow. The longbow mode uses power and charge up long range attacks, which leaves Kai fairly immobile. The short bow mode uses quick, short ranged attacks and lets Kai move around. Kai is different than the other characters in that most of his abilities use SP (as well as have a cool down). Kai has SP unlocked from the very start of the game. The final official Kai trailer can be found here: http://video.mmosite.com/default.php?controller=resource&action=play&id=17620, which can give you an idea of his skills and gameplay. --Masqtalk 15:16, 20 April 2012 (UTC)
I know we don't use sources alot in this wiki, but it'd be nice if this article has sources about this character being supposedly released in Korea this winter. I think articles like this, especially those that gleans information from Nexon themselves or other sources as opposed from in-game, should have sources. Obviously, the information on this character's winter release in Korea is impossible to verify in-game so could've only come from Nexon site or forum. --The Duke of Rockford 12:37, 9 December 2011 (UTC)
- Kai has always been half based on rumors and fragments of data found while data mining. Granted there are things which granted credit to the rumors, but they weren't things nexon came right out and said. Over all sources are wonderful but I would only truely demand sources for things like release dates since propagating a rummer of that nature could piss people off. This page should also probably include a disclaimer beyond the "Not released" bit since he isn't even out in Korea and is based on rumors and datamining. Without official word from Nexon nothing is guaranteed as the data could simply be remnants of an idea that was or will be abandoned. Someone posted Koraks NA release date without a source so I removed it. I would say the same in this case. If this release date is true someone should re-add it with a source. --Sigil Baramtalk 17:08, 9 December 2011 (UTC)
Something Real![edit source]
It's still pretty vague, but here is a preview for the 5th character Kai. Also, on the Mabinogi Heroes site, they spell his name as "Kay". Little matter, I know. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y36qkuOIJjw --Rognik 23:31, 26 December 2011 (UTC)
- Nice. Looks like he can grappling hook. Can't wait to see what they are going to do with him. It's always been kind of a curiosity to me what they are going to do with a archer in a combo based game.
- As for the spelling, romanization of eastern words and names isn't always direct and has interpretations and leeway. I believe the Kai spelling was from the data files or some such before they realized they let him slip out early. Seeing as all the names in the data files are romanized differently than they are in the actual English translations I wouldn't be surprised if they spell Kai/Kay some other way when they release him in NA. Evy -> Evie, Lathita -> Lann, Kalok -> Karok. So far Fiona is the only one that didn't have a spelling change, or in Lann's case a complete rename. --18.104.22.168 04:53, 28 December 2011 (UTC)
I added in a few skill names, based on the videos I could find on Youtube of his play style. It looks different from the other characters so far, and some might call him overpowered. That might be fixed by the time he crosses the pond, though. For those curious, I stole the skill names from the description here. --Rognik 13:46, 28 January 2012 (UTC)