Introduction[edit | edit source]
Skill Awakening system is used to power up your character's skills in various ways. It can be accessed through Dianann in Rochest.
It is similar to the Enchanting system for weapons and armor.
Awakening a Skill[edit | edit source]
To awaken a skill, a set of materials are required:
Waking Stone[edit | edit source]
- Defines which type of power will be used to awaken the skill
- Waking Stones have different ranks, varying not only in the perks they provide but also the quantity of said boost
(i.e. Waking Stone: SP Consumption Reduction amount can vary from 30 to 70)
Erg Crystals[edit | edit source]
- Used to increase the success rate of the Skill Awakening process
- The type of Erg Crystal (i.e. Water, Twilight, Life etc.) is irrelevant
- Each Erg Crystal increases the success chance by 1 to 3% at random
- Erg Crystals are consumed upon usage
Success Chance[edit | edit source]
- The maximum success chance is 40% by default
- In case of failure, the Waking Stone is destroyed
Maintaining the Awakening Effect (Restoring Durability)[edit | edit source]
Once you have successfully awakened a skill, it attains durability points, which deplete upon usage (hitting an enemy with the awakened skill) in battle. When they reach 0, the awakened boost (not the skill itself) ceases to provide an effect.
To restore awakened skill's durability, talk to Dianann once more. There is only one material required to restore durability and that is an Waking Stone of any kind, which you'll find plenty in Ben Chenner Entrance battle. Lower rank (F) Waking Stones restore less durability than those of a higher rank (B).
- Rank F : 30 durability restored
- Rank E : 60 durability restored
- Rank D : 90 durability restored
- Rank C : 180 durability restored
- Rank B : 300 durability restored