Questions and Answers
- 1 Description
- 2 Asking & Answering Questions
- 3 Questions
- 3.1 Question #26
- 3.2 Question #27
- 3.3 Question #(28)
- 3.4 Question #(29)
- 3.5 Question #(30)
- 3.6 Question #31
- 3.7 Question #32
- 3.8 Question #33
- 3.9 Question #34
- 3.10 Question #35
- 3.11 Question #36
- 3.12 Question #37
- 3.13 Question #38
- 3.14 Question #39
- 3.15 Question #40
- 3.16 Question #41
- 3.17 Question #(42)
Use this page to ask questions about Vindictus or Vindictus Wiki! If you wish to do so, please feel free to answer any questions that you can contribute to.
To start a new question, copy the code given in the Asking & Answering Questions section.
Asking & Answering Questions[edit source]
Press the  button next to the Questions header and copy and paste the following into the bottom of the text box:
===Question #(number)=== '''Question''':<br /> (question) ~~~~ <br /><br /> '''Answer''':<br /> (answer) ~~~~
- Do not delete the <br /> tags and/or the tildes (~~~~).
- The <br /> tags help to make sure everything is spaced and not cluttered.
- The ~~~~ signs your question / answer so that we know who asked / answered each question without having to check the page's history.
- Replace (number) with the question number.
- Replace (question) with a question.
- Replace (answer) with an answer.
- If you are asking the question, just delete (answer) and leave it blank.
- Please make sure questions are listed from oldest to newest.
- Example: If there are 6 questions on this page, question #1 should be at the top of the page and question #6 should be at the bottom.
You may also want to see the Q&A archives:
- Questions and Answers/Archive1 --- contains questions 01-25
Questions[edit | edit source]
Question #26[edit | edit source]
Question #27[edit | edit source]
I wonder Can Lann's Carry evies? BEcause in The Into I got to carry tieve, Are they gonna have it added soon or something?? Brokensouls 04:55, 26 February 2011 (UTC)
What the hell? Are you making it seem like Evie will fall for Lann (lol)? No, he can't. Evie isn't THAT fragile. Shadowslicer777 09:18, 23 May 2011 (UTC)
Question #(28)[edit | edit source]
(im trying to make a full pally staff evie and i need to be able to carry more. besides weight endurance and increasing armor prof. how can i make the weight limit increase?) 184.108.40.206 12:14, 31 March 2011 (UTC)
You're probably not here anymore but...other than those two methods, only leveling will increase your carrying capacity. Upgrading your equipment will also decrease the weight of the equip. --Ɛαmes - ταłκ 14:59, 9 May 2011 (UTC)
Question #(29)[edit | edit source]
Hunting down the right place to ask questions or make suggestions for the wiki community is currently very difficult - I'm not even sure if this is the right place because it seems more like a "Tips And Tricks" type Q & A. Just throwing that out there. Anyway, the reason I called: Two of the most useful pages in the last five or six months that I've been playing have been Kulnaro's Mining Guide & The Ferryman of Vindictus. They have been both extremely helpful guides and I would like to know if there are any plans to update them and if there are, who's working on it so I can bug them instead? I would be willing to help with the mining guide at least if someone could tell me how to find the images for the battle quest areas, i.e. are they screenshots (which would be rather tedious and tricky) or are they hidden somewhere in the Vindictus program files? Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction. Glamglamglam 01:17, 23 May 2011 (UTC)
I agree with this page being hard to find so I've added a link to this page in our Community portal. As for those guides, you can contact Kulnaro here about the mining and Veltanpathos here about the ferry thing. However it seems that both users haven't edited the wiki in a while so they may no longer be here. You can try to inform them about your help, but I suppose if they aren't there, you may add the information yourself if you know how?--Ɛαmes - ταłκ 21:13, 12 June 2011 (UTC)
Question #(30)[edit | edit source]
I would like to participate in this wiki (it's the first time i work on a wiki) to help myself and other having good reference. The first thing I want to do is adding the level requirement at the end of each name in equipment set. But i can't since it's a automatic page, generated from page title of each set and I seem unable to change page title. Can someone help me ? Youkoupou 01:58, 18 June 2011 (UTC)
Since all the armor pages run off a template, the template itself would need to be altered to allow a spot for the level to be mentioned. As I recall, each individual armor piece already has the level listed, and I believe the Set pages mention the minimum level and stats needed to wear all the items.
I recommend you just look around the wiki pages and learn how the formatting works. If you see information that is inaccurate or incomplete, feel free to edit it. But until you have a better comprehension of wiki code, I'd avoid any wide-sweeping changes that might affect and ruin hundreds of other pages. --Rognik 13:29, 18 June 2011 (UTC)
Question #31[edit | edit source]
Just wondering but does anyone agree that there should be separate equipment images for each class? Such as Lann, Karok, Fiona/Evie (F/E are the same...? You could use make a separate entry if there's something different) views. I've already uploaded a few images of Lann/Fiona/Evie but the images are really wide and don't really fit xD. I was also thinking that maybe we can move the images to the side rather than at the bottom (view first thumbnail). But as you may notice in the example, some images could be too wide which will look odd for some screens but another thing that could solve this is being able to scroll/switch through images like a slideshow (manual, automatic, both?) between each class.
Sorry I don't have much knowledge in coding so I wouldn't be able to do anything complicated like this. (I also don't know if I should be posting this here or in Q&A since no one reads Q&A but I'll move it there later I suppose ;-;)--Ɛαmes - ταłκ 20:56, 10 August 2011 (UTC)
- That would be cool, but the problem is, like you mentioned, it may stretch the page on some browsers. As for the separate image/class... Well, we barely have images to fill in all the armors, but having 8 pictures for each? That might not even be possible. --Zawzew 21:25, 10 August 2011 (UTC)
- Another idea would be to just merge the front/back pictures into one image, so 4 images. Then again that would cut off some people from being able to upload who don't know how to edit images |: But as you can see in the second thumbnail, it could easily be one image. Also change the width of the appearance section/size of viewed images. --Ɛαmes - ταłκ 21:40, 10 August 2011 (UTC)
- PS. Actually 3 images since Fiona and Evie have the same appearance (unless you can find any difference when using a certain armour than 4 but I haven't really seen any...?)--Ɛαmes - ταłκ 21:42, 10 August 2011 (UTC)
I believe this is a wonderful suggestion and I think it's a shame nothing has been done with it yet. As such, I've been fiddling around with it. You can see what I have so far in my Sandbox. A few things to note:
- The first tab defaults to the first character with screenshots available. It is otherwise ordered by release date. I would like to have the tabs remain in the same positioning and merely change which one appears active on page loadup, but I cannot find a way to prevent the first tab title from receiving the class "active" on page loadup. If anyone knows a way to do so, let me know :)
- If only one character view is available, it changes back to the formatting (as well as file naming schematics) seen on current pages.
- I tried placing the screenshot section to the side, but avoiding side scrolling is rather important imho, and I don't feel that there is enough space on the side on most monitors to look good with wide images while avoiding side scrolling.
- I am torn on the Fiona/Evie combined suggestion. Part of me agrees - they do look the same. But at the same time, I think people would enjoy having both available. And with Kai coming out, I imagine him and Lann will wear armor the same, but people would probably want to see screenshots of him in particular. As such, I think I am leaning toward leaving Fiona and Evie separate. Also it would likely cost hours of coding (I work slow and am none too good at wiki syntax haha) to have them combined, so I admit I'm biased~
- As mentioned, this will up the amount of missing screenshots by quite a bit. As such, I plan on sprucing up the missing image section.
That about sums it up I think. Suggestions anyone? Basdeth 21:31, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- Well, I've made a few tweaks:
- The tab ordering now is first by whether images are uploaded or not, second by release date - meaning all with tabs missing images are pushed to the end, rather than just pushing the first tab with an uploaded image to the front.
- The missing image pages are spruced up a bit, and their tab titles indicate that they need images
- I set the max width of the containing areas to a set width (1020px). Stopping it from stretching to fit the whole page makes it appear tidier imho.
- If anyone has any opinion on any of this, let me know please! If no one objects in a few days time, I will make the template live. The code is a bit of a nightmare, but I feel that the way to change templates to include it is solid (screenshottab=character names here), and so any changes to the backend can be made safely in the future without having to break anything.
- Again, you can see the template in action at my Sandbox for now. Basdeth
Question #32[edit | edit source]
Just curious about this but, did the whole system of buying skill books to learn skills get thrown out? I have been seeing alot of stuff saying to buy the skill book to learn a skill. As an example. I jsut recently got the Furious Seven skill and I didn't technically "buy a book" I mean I paid a little bit of gold but that was from the UI of the skills menu(Press V while in game and not typing in a chat box to bring it up... just to be clear). I would like to know so I can go around and start correcting all the stuff about buying skill books from Ceara. You can't call it buying a book when you don't even talk to her.:
(question) Rylen 05:53, 18 August 2011 (UTC)
- Skill Book system has been thrown out. I put a notice on the Category:Skill Books page that it has been removed but I've been to lazy to do it on all the skill books and to rewrite all the skills talking about buying a skillbook from Ceara. --Ɛαmes - ταłκ 06:08, 18 August 2011 (UTC)
Question #33[edit | edit source]
When / What lvl can you start leveling skills to numbers? i.e. Rank 9?:
(question) Mikey 06:50, 27 August 2011 (UTC)
Well I think that depends on the skill itself? If you're wondering about a certain skill, just look at the skill page that we have and it will say the level requirements for whatever rank you want to see. --Ɛαmes - ταłκ 19:15, 27 August 2011 (UTC)
Question #34[edit | edit source]
One day out of the blue I happened to be open the skill window to train new skills. When I had reached the last skill,I wanted to sroll back up but it automaticly scrolled back down for me,not letting me even look at the top skills for a second. I can't scroll up no matter what I do! I've tried logging out and back in and a bunch of other crazy things but it still wouldn't let me scroll back up. I tried googling up the bug to see if anyone had a solution to this bug but so far,no luck.:
(question) Mystery Person
(answer) 220.127.116.11 03:40, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
- Not saying this will work, but have you tried checking the different tabs? For instance, equipment skills in the equipment tab. Not all skills are listed in one of these sections (eg. Golem Mastery for Evie) but it can help narrow the search. Also check to see that you haven't clicked one of the filters, like "Unlearned" or "Trained Only". --Rognik <insert flourish> 06:32, 8 April 2012 (UTC)
Question #35[edit | edit source]
Does anyone knows when and if the Armies of Cohlen update will be available in Europe?:
(question) Blindungeons 16:14, 7 April 2012 (UTC)
(answer) Like all updates for Europe, it will come out in time. At the moment of writing this, they are still on Chapter 8 and about to release Karok. If you have been paying attention to how often new chapters have been coming, you can probably estimate when Chapter 9 comes out, and 9.5 is probably after that. Be patient, and it will come in time. --Rognik <insert flourish> 06:32, 8 April 2012 (UTC)
Question #36[edit | edit source]
Question: If a man say he always lie, is that a lie?
Question2: How can I change the color of the words? And can you give the list of the colors that I can change into? --Jleetalk 12:56, 5 May 2012 (UTC)
You can find a display of the available colors for usage on the wiki here, at the very bottom of the page. http://www.vindictuswiki.com/wiki/Help:Guidelines If a quest dialogue has red writing for a certain word, you should make it match here on the wiki with the color tag. Same goes for items being green and so forth. To use it on a page, you'll need this. Replace the #numbers with whatever color you need. <span style="color:#70F680">Insert your text here</span> --Masqtalk 03:09, 05 May 2012 (UTC)
Question #37[edit | edit source]
First off, please be patient. Putting a snarky comment like that is unlikely to get anyone's attention if they aren't reading in the first place. It's just rude otherwise.
Second, the maps can be retrieved easily by mining the Vindictus files saved on your computer. However, as I haven't done it myself, I can't tell you exactly where. In a pinch, you can take screenshots of the upper right corner as you move about the map and cobble it together. It won't be as clean as the others, but it will work.--Rognik <insert flourish> 01:48, 8 August 2012 (UTC)
Question #38[edit | edit source]
Im trying to farm bloody thorns. I havent received a single one yet after about 10 - 15 runs. Is there a speical way to get a finish on something? i am a level 61 scythe evie - SacredMagix 18.104.22.168 15:31, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
Nope stuff like this really depends on your luck.--Jleetalk 20:30, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
How would i get my luck up without using getting blessings or nx? or is that the only way?
The Luck stat only effects your chances of obtaining extra items. It does not increase the odds that the items you obtain will be rare. To explain, when trying to farm bloody thorns Luck will:
- Give a chance for an extra item to drop when a monster you kill drops an item regularly
- NOT increase the chance of either item being bloody thorns
That being said, as far as I am aware the only way to obtain Luck is through nx items (blessings, badges, etc.). Good luck! Basdeth 21:38, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
Question #39[edit | edit source]
Does anyone know how to disable double tapping a movement key to sprint? I don't want to sprint randomly when I double tap the movment keys. 22.214.171.124 03:03, 6 July 2012 (UTC)
You can't disable it. And I don't think randomly sprinting won't do that much trouble. --Jleetalk
Question #40[edit | edit source]
How does dye ampoule work exactly? --Jleetalk 19:35, 4 August 2012 (UTC)
When you get a Dye Ampuole (Avatar or Clodagh's) it is empty, and must be filled with a color. When you open the empty ampuole, it brings up the Color Palette. You have 6 crosshair pointers, which you can move over the palette as you wish to designate 6 colors you would like to put into the ampuole. If you don't like any combo of six colors, you can close out the box and re-open it and it will give you a new Color Palette. When you are ready, and like all 6 of the colors designated at the bottom of the palette, click OK at the bottom of the box and one color out of the six chosen will be placed into the ampuole at random. Good luck! -Kerushii 00:20, 8 December 2014 (UTC)
Question #41[edit | edit source]
Need a convenient way to inform the players about the features of the replacement parts of 90 gear. Somewhere in Wikipedia has a page about this? I mean the following features:
- There are some limitations in regards to replacing combination materials:
- Those limitations concern only the Main combination material, Regina's Sealed Power (and future Raid bosses' Sealed Powers).
- Higher grade Sealed Power combination materials cannot be replaced with lower grade materials.
- You cannot replace an Orange Sealed Power material with a Purple or Blue material.
- Lower grade Sealed Power combination materials can be replaced with higher grade materials.
- Item's Enhancement level (+1 and higher) will be reset when replacing Sealed Power combination material with an Orange one:
- Replacing Blue material with Orange;
- Replacing Purple material with Orange.
- Item's Enhancement level is not reset, however, when replacing a lower grade Purple Sealed Power combination material with another, higher grade Sealed Power Purple material.
- Item's Quality stars (*) and Enchants are never reset when replacing combination materials of any kind.
- There are some limitations in regards to replacing combination materials:
Also this features:
- The item takes a color of worst tier material's. If there is at least one blue material as secondaries, the whole item will remain with a blue name.
- If you want it purple, every single mats has to be purple. Same for orange.
- You can see what is the item made of by holding ALT over it, like with Bracelets.
Question #(42)[edit | edit source]
(So I am the guildmaster for the guild SecretNinjas and am level 80. Recently someone in my guild leveled up to level 80. The only administrators in my guild are me and my friend. The person who is now level 80 got kicked out. I know that me and my friend would never kick anyone out of the guild. So I am asking if a member of a guild gets to the same level as the guildmaster does the game automatically kick them out?)
No, the game doesn't automatically kick guild members out. Are you sure that that player didn't simply leave the guild?--Sanitee (talk) 23:48, 17 January 2016 (UTC)
I am sure because when I messaged him he said that it was a d*ck move.