No image uploaded!
|Location||Ship Graveyard - map G|
(Boss of Ship Graveyard (Battle), Treasure Hunt) Appreciate a Pirate's Greatness
Stats[edit | edit source]
|Lv. 50 - 69 Mode|
Level: 61 Exp: 2,010
HP by Group Size -
2: 124,2003: 161,460
|Lv. 70 - 80 Mode|
Level: 76 Exp: 3,156
HP by Group Size -
2: 247,0583: 321,175
Related Titles[edit | edit source]
Drops[edit | edit source]
Regular Drops[edit | edit source]
|Lv. 50 - 69 Mode||Superior Iron Ore||Epic Enhancement Stone, HP Potion, Phoenix Feather, Treasure Map|
|Lv. 70 - 80 Mode||Exquisite Iron Ore, Boatswain's Jacket Scrap, Boatswain's Bandanna, Ship Graveyard Power Crystal, Exquisite Leather||HP Potion, Fine HP Potion, Empowered Enhancement Stone, Enhancement Elixir, Treasure Map|
|Break Offs||Boatswain's Jacket Scrap|
Quest-Only Drops[edit | edit source]
Break Off Tips[edit | edit source]
- Number of hits: ?
- Reward: Boatswain's Jacket Scrap
Battle Skills & Attacks[edit | edit source]
- Poisons the water in the battle area. This will deal damage per second to anyone standing in the water.
- Unleashes glowing wisps from his body. Upon contact with any of these wisps, they will debuff the player with Pirate Ghost Curse. The wisps cannot be harmed and will disappear after a short time.
- Fires a single bullet.
- Fires a powerful blast. This has limited range.
- Fires his pistol two or six times in a row on a single target, then finishes with the blast shot. He will then fall down for a short time.
Tips & Advice[edit | edit source]
- A very quick way to kill Matty is to stay close to him , and hit him everytime he's down by the blast (count the shot), be ready to block/dodge (just dodge toward him if your dodge have i-frame) when he raise his gun, or run away/interupt him if he use poison/wisp attack.
- If you see Matty run away, just go after him and hit him, he wont fight back until he stop moving and turn arround.
- When Matty poisons the water, jump onto the nearby boxes. Continue to jump from box to box and avoid fighting Matty until the water is clear.
- The ship mast in the middle play an important role in this battle. Use it to block Matty's shots. However, you have to peek out for him to see you and start shooting first, or else he will just move until he has a clear sight of his target.
- Vella can Backlash the bullet back at Matty, but beware because you will almost always get hit if he does his volley shots.
- If the Pirate Ghost Curse affects you, mash your forward movement key. Only hitting this key will break the curse quickly.
- If your character is short enough/ or your move make your hitbox low enough (i.e Vella's Storm Step) you wont get hit by the normal shot at close range.
Additional Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the party has a Kai or Evie, you can lure Matty to the ground near the F entrance, this way will make his water poison attack useless, however there will be no ship mast to block bullets, making it ill-advised for low-geared party. You will also need to re-enter the boss room to finish off the boss or else the barrier in the boss room will be glitched and won't disappear.
- In Treasure Hunt, Longboot Matty is an optional boss. If you enter Map G from Map F and kill the first pirate mobs that appear, you will be forced to fight Matty. Ignoring the mobs and proceeding ahead will avoid spawning Matty.
- Avoid pushing Matty into the red wall that locks you into his battle area. Pushing him into it can cause him to teleport randomly or fly really high into the air. If this happens, only a Kai will be able to attack him until he very slowly descends. Sometimes Matty may get stuck in the air forever and you will have no choice but to quit.