- For a related variant, see Klaus (Labyrinth).
|Location||Hilder Forest Ruins|
(Boss of Shady Forest)
Stats[edit | edit source]
|Normal / Hard Mode|
Level: 60 Exp: 2,010
Level: 60 Exp: 2,010
Related Titles[edit | edit source]
Drops[edit | edit source]
Regular Drops[edit | edit source]
|Normal / Hard Mode||Ebony Cloth, Klaus Armor Fragment, Klaus Horn, Klaus Skull Ornament, Obsidian, Obsidian Staff, Superior Cloth||Sinister Half Plate Mail, Temptress Dress, Shining Will Plate Mail, Butterfly Chest Guard|
|Hero Mode||Ebony Cloth, Klaus Armor Fragment, Klaus Horn, Klaus Skull Ornament, Obsidian, Obsidian Staff, Superior Cloth||Sinister Half Plate Mail, Temptress Dress, Shining Will Plate Mail||Empowered Enhancement Stone, Ornate Enchant Scroll, Relentless Enchant Scroll|
|Break Offs||Klaus Horn|
Quest-Only Drops[edit | edit source]
Break Off Tips[edit | edit source]
- Location: Either Horn on Klaus's Head
Battle Skills & Attacks[edit | edit source]
- Swings mace at player and launches a ranged dark sphere. Can use at range. Players get hit by the mace will lost all stamina and unable to regen stamina for a few second. (Both guard-able)
- Curls forward and then roars. Slight AoE attack. (smash)
- Leans forward and charges at player, near the end of his charge he'll do a leap attack, this attack track nearby player. (smash)
- Raises mace high in the air and sends out dark spheres in multiple directions, At the end of the multiple dark sphere attack one large sphere tracks the target player slowly that will rooted the player for several second if it hit.(smash)
- Dark Sacrifice, which can be infected by a dark sphere and spread to other party member.
Tips & Advice[edit | edit source]
- Fionas should use large shields over small shields due to his dark sphere spam. However, small shields can counter attack his normal mace swing or perfect guard (r9) into a Butterfly Swing/Stigma or into an Amaranth Kick. A sword/hammer +7 or above is probably needed to pull of an Amaranth Kick or Stigma to get back into guard/heavy stander in time for his next attack.
- Light of Palala can be an effective means to stop the attack where he raises his mace high into the air and conjures the dark spheres, but it must be thrown quickly as soon as you see the animation beginning to prevent the most damage to your team.
- Mercury Traps can effectively lock Klaus in place for a little while.
- Although you do not take any damage when rooted by the large dark sphere, you can easily get hit, and cornered right after the effect end.
- Be careful even though he's not charging at you, the leap he do at the end of his charge is faster and harder to dodge.
- The dark sphere can be countered by Vella's backlash
Additional Notes[edit | edit source]
- There is little warning for the charge attack.
- His mace swing attack and the large dark sphere appear to have larger AoE than they look.
- When you're rooted by the Large dark sphere, you're invulnerable to all attack.
- The break off Klaus Horn is also a normal item drop. There is no need to go for the break unless you want the battle points for doing so.