Gnoll Chieftain (Decisive Battle)
- For a related variant, see Gnoll Chieftain (Red Ruins).
(Boss of Decisive Battle)
Stats[edit | edit source]
|Normal / Hard Mode|
Level: 16 Exp: 222
Level: 16 Exp: 222
Related Titles[edit | edit source]
Drops[edit | edit source]
Regular Drops[edit | edit source]
Quest-Only Drops[edit | edit source]
Break Off Tips[edit | edit source]
- Location: Head
- Number of hits: 2 (1 per flinch, 2 times)
- Tips: Spears, smashes or thrown objects. Wait until the Chieftain does his overhead hammer slam. When his hammer hits the ground, his head stays still and can be easily speared. Fiona's Counterattack makes getting the break from the overhead slam laughably easy.
- Reward: Exquisite Crimson Rage Helm
Battle Skills & Attacks[edit | edit source]
- A whirlwind smash with the hammer that clears a sizable radius around the Chieftain. He prepares for the attack by lifting his leg as he winds up.
- An overhead smash with the hammer which can inflict Muscle Damage, but takes a little longer for the Chieftain to recover from than the whirlwind smash. He prepares for the attack by spreading his legs out as he winds up.
- A vicious kick which is mainly used when the Chieftain is recovering from being stunned and a player is directly in front of him. It's the only attack that he has which is not a smash, and can be blocked by Fiona; everyone else should avoid it.
Tips & Advice[edit | edit source]
- The Gnoll Chieftain is the very first boss you will face that makes extensive use of smash attacks. Learning how to read the boss's behavior so you can know which attack is coming and avoid it.
- Before engaging the Chieftain, it is strongly recommended to let him kill his underlings; simply lure the Chieftain to the other Gnolls and as he attacks, they will get hit and most likely die. Don't forget to dodge the attack!
Additional Notes[edit | edit source]
- Also known as the "Red Gnoll"
- The Gnoll Chieftain is the leader of a rebellion faction of Gnolls who wanted to live in peace, and not side with Fomorians.