- Can only be used when a Staff is equipped.
- This basic skill draws out the hidden power of your staff to power up your spellcasting abilities.
- Magic other than Magic Arrow can only be used when you are focusing.
- Higher level magic requires longer focusing and higher skill ranks.
- You can focus while moving beginning at Rank E. Focusing is slower while moving, but allows you to start at Focus Level 2.
- You can stop focusing without losing your Focus Level.
Mouse: Hold down [Right-click]
Keyboard: Hold down [D]
Mouse: Hold down [Right-click] while pressing the movement keys
Keyboard" Hold down [D] while pressing the movement keys
Additional Details[edit | edit source]
- Evie-Only skill.
- Focus starts at Rank E for free, despite Rank E having an AP cost.
- While standing still, Focus pauses for a couple seconds at each level to allow the player to select a spell.
- If the player releases the button for just a moment as soon as the spells for a level appear and presses the button again, Focus will not pause and instead continue charging. This can save a few seconds in battle, especially for the higher level spells. (As shown in the skill's video).
- Using this method, one can cast a spell faster than if one were to use the same spell by pressing its quickslot key.
- Standing Focus cannot be held perpetually at the highest level of focus available; after a while it will automatically be cancelled. Perpetual holding of Focus at a certain level is available with moving Focus as mentioned below.
- You can initiate Focus while moving, but you must come to a stand-still (stop pressing movement keys) in order to use a spell. You cannot begin moving again after standing still while using Focus.
- The release-and-press method of speeding up Focus as mentioned above cannot be used when using Focus while moving, hence Focusing is slower while moving.
- Coming to a stand-still while partially charged to the next Focus level will immediately drop Focus to the last level that Evie had charged to fully. For example, if Focus was charged mid-way between level 2 and 3, coming to a stand-still will drop Focus to level 2 and Evie can use level 2 spells.
- During moving Focus, if a level is reached, you can let go of the button to keep Focus at that level perpetually while continuing to move. To cast a spell, you must hold down the button again before standing still.
- Mana Amber cannot be used during a standing Focus. Instead, Evie will perform the hopping dodge backwards if no movement keys are pressed.
- However, Mana Amber can be used mid-dodge.
- If, during a moving Focus, Mana Amber is performed, then after Mana Amber ends, Evie will perform a standing Focus at the last fully-charged level as usual. However, the execution of Mana Amber must be quick: let go of the movement keys then immediately press the dodge key.
- PvP-only changes: The super-armor status from Mana Shield is not active when focusing in motion.
- There is a small non-damaging AOE stun when focus firsts starts charging and whenever focus starts charging again after reaching a level.
- Focus level 1: Active: Healing Corona, Active: Mana Mine, Active: Hallucinate
- Focus level 2: Active: Firebolt, Active: Ice Blast, Active: Lightning Bolt
- Focus level 3: Active: Ice Spear, Active: Lightning Wave, Active: Fire Storm
- Focus level 4: Active: Ice Blow, Active: Guided Lightning, Active: Fire Shock
- Focus level 5: Active: Rage Conductor
How to Obtain[edit | edit source]
- Starting skill.
Skill Demonstration[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
- Columns in red indicate ranks not currently released.
|Required AP (Total)||0||60||210||585||1105||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
Ranks[edit | edit source]
- Rows in red indicate ranks not currently released.
|F||0||Can use Focus level 1 skills.||1|
|E||60||Can use Focus level 2 skills.||1|
|D||150||Can use Focus level 3 skills.||30|
|C||375||Can use Focus level 4 skills.||38|
|B||520||Can use Focus level 5 skills.||50|