|Normal / Hard Mode|
Level: 63 Exp: 2,280
Level: 63 Exp: 2,280
Break Off Tips
- Location: Mouth
- Number of hits: 11 (1 per flinch, 11 times)
- Reward: Thor Inner Mouth
Battle Skills & Attacks
- Stops, and leaps a far distance onto a player.
- Strikes out three times with his snout. Hits twice.
- Turning in melee range like Goliath hurts the player.
- Sweeps his left claw at the player. May immediately turn back (see above), resulting in a two-hit combo.
- Stops, roars, and charges towards the player while Electrified. Easy to dodge, but high damage.
- Stomps the ground, lifts his mouth into the air, roars and shoots Electricity throughout the room. Only damages you if you're standing in the water or if you touch him, but is unblockable. Hits twice for extremely high damage, a one-hit ko if you touch him. During the duration in which touching Thor will kill you, Thor is completely invincible, so ranged characters should wait until after Thor finishes his attack before attacking him.
- At low health, Thor gains a massive increase in speed (comparable to hero mode boost).
Tips & Advice
- Thor is not a difficult raid boss to kill as all his attacks only hit once or twice and they aren't combo'd until he reaches low health. As long as the party does not get reckless, the mission is won.
- When Thor stomps the ground for the aoe attack, all players must be on land. Thor's electricity cannot damage you on dry land (dirt doesn't conduct electricity, go figure). DO NOT touch Thor during this attack! Touching him with any part of your character (leg, sword) while he`s surging electricity WILL hurt you. Evie's Mana Amber spell is able to avoid it and Lanns can Slip Dash through it (remember that it hits twice).
- Learning when he stops channeling electricity during his aoe attack will give you the largest opening to attack him.
- At low health, Thor's attack speed and movement speed multiplies by 2, resulting in much faster attacks, and his abilities become harder to dodge. He can essentially chain all his attacks together and your openings to attack him are limited to flanking, after he charges, and after his aoe.
- Thor`s break is notoriously difficult to get without a well-prepared and coordinated party.
- Thor can be triggered into a loop if the player that has aggro is a certain distance away from him. It is common to start the cutscene at the beginning of the mission and have a player run towards the rake by the water, entering him in this loop. His tongue is then speared by the party. Approximately 11 spears to the tongue will break it.
- NOTE: The below information is outdated in terms of application - it works, but the above method has taken precedence as the usual way to break Thor