Ability Points (AP)
Ability Points (AP) are used to improve skills by upgrading their ranks, use second transformation, giving equipment effects through Power Infusion, and restoring broken equipment through the Strange Traveler. AP is currently only gained through the completion of Battle Quests and the Meditation Skill, as well as by AP capsules obtained through Gauntlet Battle Quests, events, or NX items. Divine Blessing Stones or AP Blessing Stones can increase the amount of AP gained in a battle. A maximum amount of 50000 AP can be left unspent on a character at a time.
 Daily Battles (the TODAY) flag
Every day, a random battle in each boat is designated with a special TODAY flag. This is known as "the Daily battle" for that boat. Every player sees the same Daily battle. Daily battles are special in that they offer bonus AP.
- You can do a Daily battle for a specific boat only once per day, after which the TODAY flag is removed.
- The Daily battles are reset every night at 5 PM PST (8 PM EST, 12 AM GMT).
- The AP given for a Daily battle is the same amount as if the player had never completed the battle.
- For example, Decisive Battle has a maximum of 50 AP, but the player has done it so many times that the AP given drops to 5. When the "Daily" comes on for Decisive Battle, it goes back up to 50 AP, and when completed, drops back to 5.
- If a group fails a Daily, it may be reattempted provided players do not leave the boat when the failure results are displayed.
- During 2x AP events, AP gained as part of a Daily will not double.
- Dailies are set on a per-player basis, meaning not all players necessarily have the same dailies.
- Warning: Although assisting someone with a battle does not give the assister AP, it will still count as if they had completed the daily and the bonus AP is lost.
For every battle, the amount of AP earned for a specific battle will drop by 5 AP each time the battle is completed, until a certain amount.
- First Fomorian Emblem; 35 AP
- Second Run; 30 AP
- Seventh Run; 5 AP
- Eighth Run; 0 AP
- First Decisive Battle; 50 AP
- Second Run; 45 AP
- Tenth Run; 5 AP
- Eleventh Run; 0 AP
Every battle after that has a minimum of 10 AP every run.
- First Dethrone the White Tyrant; 50 AP
- Second run; 45 AP
- Ninth run; 10 AP
- Tenth run; 10 AP
Raid battles starting at Nightmare at the Ruins and onward will have a minimum of 20 AP every run.
On the Hero Mode, players receive an extra 5 AP.